Saturday, October 29, 2005

New recipe source...

Today in the mail I received a new cookbook by Nick Malgieri called "A Baker's Tour". I have enjoyed his writing style in the past so when I saw he had a new book coming out I made sure it was first on my wishlist. I have not had a chance to read through it, but glancing over the pictures it sure looks good! Thanks to U30 (survey group) I only had to pay $2! Can't beat that...
I spent sometime in the kitchen this morning playing with almost 2 pounds of chocolate. I can't say what yet (I was tempering/molding it...) but they are for Jeff's team for Halloween gifts on Monday. Pictures to follow on that day in case they try and peak!

Dinner is our Saturday night chicken salads and being a weekend movie night Netflix brings us Robots with Robin Williams. Tomorrow is grocery shopping so who knows what new things we might bring home! Until then...

4 comments:

  1. There's almost nothing better than sitting down with a cookbook you've longer for! And two pounds of chocolate? I am curious ... but we'll get to see the result soon I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know some great food will be coming from this book. Can't wait to read about it and see your great pictures. If you don't mind me asking what is U30?

    Enjoy the book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want this book as well!! Can't wait to hear what you think of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Plum - I so agree. I love sitting down and reading through a cookbook like it is a book!

    Anonymous - U30 is a survey group that sends you products to test before they hit the market (or you do surveys on-line)

    Alice - I hope I can get something made from it soon!

    ReplyDelete