Tuesday, October 18, 2005

It may be cool outside... but inside with dinner it was hot hot hot!

I spied some halloween M&M's in the store on Sunday and picked up a bag knowing I had something already in mind for them. Being Tuesday, I had to come up with something for Jeff to bring into the office tomorrow for treat day so out came the M&M's.

I decided we would try M&M Cookie Bars. These came together pretty easy and since you don't need to shape anything it went by fast too! These chewy bars are just like a slightly crispy yet still soft inside chocolate chip cookie. Well, if it had chocolate chips in it! I did brown the butter a little when I melted it to bring out a depth of flavor that adds to its uniqueness.


Spicy Buffalo Chicken Wraps were on the menu for dinner. Juicy chicken tenders dipped in a spicy hot sauce and mixed with a cool blue cheese dressing all wrapped in a chipotle tortilla. The tangy dressing has just enough flavor to help calm down the heat. Eating them was a little messy as it does drip but it was oh so good and hot!

Recipes

4 comments:

  1. Funkbobito would love those wraps. Do you weigh 500 pounds or have more self-restraint than anyone? I would just gobble up all those yummy cookie bars before they were even cool. Thanks for the recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Punky - Well that's me in the profile picture so I don't think I look like I weigh that much! :) I have a pretty high metabolism and love to exercise/swim/hike quite often so I work off the calories. I do have a lot of self control and dicipline so that helps it seems - I can have just a little of something and be happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been wanting to try a recipe I have for buffalo hot wings. I just don't have the time right now. I am hoping to make it one of these weekends! My husband would kill for those cookies. He loves m&m cookies! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Michelle - I have not had hot wings to a very long time!

    ReplyDelete