Thursday, July 28, 2005

So the cookie monster called....

And asked for these!


Small batch baking strikes another winner! These are mocha cream filled chocolate cookies (think giant oreo's). The recipe only makes six (thankfully..!) but they are still quite large. The crisp deep chocolate cookie really pairs well with the thick mocha cream. I did add some instant espresso to the cookie as I usually do anything with chocolate. I think it really enhances the chocolate flavor.

I prepared two new recipes tonight for dinner. First is Sour cream, Cheddar, and Green Onion Drop Biscuits. Second was Smoked Gouda Mac and Cheese with spinach. The biscuit texture was so tender, fluffy and they were such a snap to throw together. I used white cheddar for the cheese and think this was an excellent choice. If you wanted a more cohesive shaped biscuit you could even do these in muffin tins. The mac and cheese was described as "yummy!" when I asked so that has to be good. The inside was so creamy with a nice crispy crust from the Panko breadcrumbs I used. A pretty healthy dish to off-set the damage done earlier!


6 comments:

  1. I love that you're not afraid to use cheese...so many people shy away from it, but we love to use it in everything!

    And white cheddar...yum.

    And you're right about coffee in chocolate; it does make it better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM YUM YUM!
    That all looks great Joe!
    I might have to make mac'n cheese with spinach for dinner... hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that macaroni a CL recipe? I love the crusty little bits ... hmm, maybe I found dinner for tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made that same recipe a couple weeks ago( mac and cheese) is that from Cooking Light? I posted a pic too, however, mine was unbaked as I froze it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Randi,

    Yep its the CL version! It was soo good and the leftovers were great!

    ReplyDelete